The National Disability Insurance Scheme is a nationally funded scheme that can provide life long support to children and adults with a disability who may need extra support.
Participants who have been assessed, and qualify for NDIS funding develop an individualized plan outlining the supports they need to achieve their goals.
If any allied health support is identified in their plan, then participants may have the full cost of their therapy sessions covered.
Our therapists support individuals who are either self managed or plan managed through the NDIS. (See NDIS website for further information – link to fact sheet on NDIS website).
- We unfortunately Do NOT provide services to families who are NDIA Managed.
Children under 7 years of age who have a particular diagnosis may be eligible for Better Start funding.
Disability diagnoses included in Better Start funding are: cerebral palsy, fragile X syndrome, Down Syndrome, Moderate Hearing Impairment, Moderate Vision Impairment, Prader-Willi syndrome, Williams syndrome, Angelman syndrome, Kabuki syndrome, Smither-Magenis syndrome, Corneilia de Lange syndrome, Rett’s Disorder, Cri du Chat syndrome, Microephaly.
Children registered with Better Start can access up to $12,000 (maximum $6,000 per year) to pay for therapy services.
Our clinic is a registered provider for Better Start for Children With Disabilities Initiative.
Medicare Rebates - Chronic Disease Management
- Our clinic is approved to see children that quality for Medicare’s Chronic Disease Management (CDM) plan — formerly an Enhanced Care Plan.
- Children need to have a referral from their GP for this program.
- This program supports children who have chronic conditions, needing team care, and who have been deemed eligible by their GP.
- A rebate for 5 sessions per calendar year is offered (only part of the full cost of a session is typically covered).
Medicare Rebates - Children with a Disability
- Children under 15 years of age with a diagnosis of Autism or a disability included in the Better Start Initiative, may be eligible for up to 4 assessment sessions, and 20 therapy sessions (per child per lifetime).
- To qualify for this program, children will need a referral letter from their paediatrician. This letter must be presented to the therapist at the time of the appointment (only part of the full cost of a session is typically covered).
Helping Children with Autism Initiative (FaHCSIA)
Children under 7 years of age who have a particular diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, and who have a letter of introduction from the Autism Advisor are elibigle for up to $12,000 of therapy services (with a maximum benefit of $6,000 per year).
Our clinic is registered for Helping Children with Autism Initiative through the Autism Gold Coast Consortium.
Private Health Fund Rebates
Families with extras cover on their Private Health Insurance that includes therapies may be eligible for a rebate from their private health fund.